“All-in-One Cooling and Heating”
Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTAC) and Packaged Terminal Heat Pumps (PTHP) are ductless, convenient, all-in-one heating and cooling solutions for commercial spaces.
PTACs are through-the-wall air conditioners. Since they are commonly seen in hotel rooms, they are known to a lot of people as "thru the wall hotel air conditioners" or "hotel wall air conditioners." While mainly used in hospitals, the hospitality industry and offices, PTACs/PTHPs are also smart choices for home renovations such as attic or garage conversions where additional cooling and heating is required.
They don't required ducting because they slide into the wall for installation. One side supplies conditioned air inside and the other side ventilates outside. Their work horse capacity, compact design (standard 42" width and slim profile) coupled with high tech functions bump them to the commercial level. All PTACs offer cooling and electric heat with an electric heat strip.
But PTAC heat pumps or Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner Heat Pump (PTHP) units stand out for their super energy efficiency. PTHP's provide the majority of their heat and cooling output using energy-efficient reverse cycle technology. The electric heat strip only serves as "emergency" or auxiliary heat when the outside temperature drops so low that the heat pump begins to lose efficiency. Heat pumps use about 1/3 less electricity than standard air conditioning and heating. Learn about the advantages of heat pumps.
PTACs/PTHPs do double duty as air filters and dehumidifiers and offer a range of performance-enhancing features.
Energy savings options
- DIP switch settings for front office control
- Energy efficient DC Inverter technology with variable fan speeds
- Compressor random restart to prevent power surges
- High EER or SEER rating.
Stress-free installation, maintenance and operation
- Consider a unit that fits an existing sleeve in replacement applications
- Look for interior mounting choices such as close to ceiling or floor
- Preserve your building's design with exterior flush mount option
- Seek a choice of grill styles (stamped aluminum or architectural) to blend with exterior façade
- Take the hassle out of maintenance and extend product lifecycle with a weatherized chassis
- Choose an air filter that meets clean air demands and is easy to clean
- Reduce operational noise with a unit that offers separate indoor and outdoor fans
Visit our PTAC/PTHP product page to find a packaged terminal air conditioning system that matches your business or home needs.