Media Cleaner Upgrades Central HVAC to Whole House Air Purifier
Beyond heating and cooling your home, you want the healthiest indoor air possible for your family. Clean Comfort AM Series media air cleaners attach to your indoor air handler to purify the air using a MERV 11 deep-pleated electret charged media filter. They are available in a wide range of sizes and configurations. Your HVAC professional can recommend the model that best fits your system or call Heat & Cool customer service for assistance.
- MERV 11 filter rated at 492 CFM
- Up to one year filter lifespan
- Flexible installation; reversible air flow — mounts in any position
Media cleaners help protect and prolong the operating efficiency of heating and cooling equipment by reducing airborne particles that can build up on the surface of the cooling coil. They are a cost-efficient alternative to electronic air cleaners. Clean Comfort’s AM Series with MERV 11 filter captures household dust, lint, pet dander, pollen and other particulates. Whether or not you suffer from allergies or asthma, you’ll appreciate the healthier indoor air quality (IAQ). Increase the media cleaner’s effectiveness by with the optional carbon filter. Activated carbon filtration eliminate odors from cooking, smoking and chemical vapors, also called volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
AM11-2117-5AHS | Clean Comfort Media Air Cleaner
Clean Comfort model AM11-2117-5AHS is a perfect fit for the SmartFrame 17.5 inch “B” cabinet. This means almost all of the air in the return duct is filtered. Cellulose-free, hydrophobic polyolefin filter fibers will not shred or absorb moisture. MERV 11 filtration captures particles as small as .3 microns. Additionally, the filter’s electret charged technology offers higher initial and sustained efficiency.
Compared to a typical 1 inch deep MERV 8 furnace filter requiring monthly changing, the AM Series media cleaners can last up to a year and also allows for more airflow. The increased airflow puts less stress on the heating and cooling fan.
- Electrostatically-charged fibers enhance the effectiveness of the air cleaner
- Removes 3-10 micron particles with 85.4 - 91.1% efficiency
- No electrical hook-up required
- Perfect Fit for SmartFrame 17 ½” “B” size air handler cabinet
- Perfect fit sizing ensures virtually all of the air in the return duct is treated
- Lasts 12x longer than typical furnace filter
- Filter fibers will not shred or absorb moisture
- Extra deep, 5 ¼ inch pleated filter with long filter life and low static pressure
- Sturdy pre-assembled filter frame made of beverage board
- Quick and easy to change filter
- Heavy-gauge, galvanized-steel cabinet with powder coat paint finish resists corrosion
- Unit is maintenance-free except for filter replacement
- Trouble-free installation; no electrical hook-up required
- Upgradable to a Clean Comfort High Efficiency Electronic Air Cleaner
Your Clean Comfort Media Air Cleaner for Goodman SmartFrame 17.5 Inch Cabinet from Heat & Cool Comes With:
- AM11-2117-5AHS | Clean Comfort Media Air Cleaner
- User’s Manual
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5-year part limited warranty
Brand Clean Comfort Model Number AM11-2117-5AHS Type Central whole house Recommended Usage Whole house Best For Overall clean air Amount of Air Moved 1200 CFM Installation/Design Air handler coil Air Purification Technology Filtration Filtration Technology MERV Filter, Charged media, Particle Filter Height 18.3 in Depth 23.4 in Width 8.1 in Weight 18.2 lbs Manufacturer Parts Limited Warranty 5 years
- Technical Specs
Brand Clean Comfort Model Number AM11-2117-5AHS Type Central whole house Recommended Usage Whole house Best For Overall clean air Amount of Air Moved 1200 CFM Installation/Design Air handler coil Air Purification Technology Filtration Filtration Technology MERV Filter, Charged media, Particle Filter Filter MERV Rating 11 Height 18.3 in Depth 23.4 in Width 8.1 in Weight 18.2 lbs Manufacturer Parts Limited Warranty 5 years Filter Lifetime Annually Available Accessories Activated carbon filter Certifications CUL-US
Write Your Own Review