Hybrid, Dual‐Fuel Packaged Unit Blends Gas Heat with High Efficiency Heat Pump
You don’t have to lift a finger to enjoy precise, energy‐efficient heating and cooling if you select Goodman’s Direct Comfort Dual‐Fuel Packaged Unit DC‐GPD1442100M41 In fact, you don’t even have to see it because the all‐in‐one unit stores outside on the roof or at ground level. Among other benefits, the one‐piece cabinet configuration makes installation and ongoing maintenance less challenging since all of the components are in one place.
Goodman’s Direct Comfort dual‐fuel packaged unit is ideal for moderate temperatures where a heat pump’s reverse cycle technology is sufficient most of the year. During the summer, the 14 SEER 100,000 BTU air conditioner heat pump keeps electric energy consumption low. Once the season changes, heat pumps reverse the refrigeration cycle to provide heat using very little electricity. Heat pump efficiency is rated as Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF). The higher the rating, the more efficient the unit.
For the majority of the winter, your heat pump can keep your home toasty. When the temperature approaches freezing, your gas heat will power on automatically. If you choose to install a separate outdoor thermostat, you can determine at what point you want to use gas heat. Goodman's Direct Comfort recommends setting the outdoor thermostat to 35°F ‐ 45°F, depending on your climate zone.
The furnace’s 81% AFUE means 81 cents out of every dollar spent on furnace fuel actually goes toward warming your home.
Even with the furnace running, you’ll still conserve energy because the ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor) blower works in tandem with the two‐stage gas valve to proportion heat output according to what is actually needed to satisfy the thermostat setting.
Typically the two‐stage valve will keep the furnace operating at 80% of its capacity with the valve half open. Only when outside temperatures are truly frigid will the valve open fully for maximum heat output.
- ECM syncs air flow to match heating and cooling needs
- Entire unit installs on roof or at ground level
- Heat Pump efficiency (HSPF) 8
DC‐GPD1442100M41 | Packaged Dual Fuel Unit
The 5‐speed ECM automatically shifts through 5 speeds to regulate the amount of air released into your conditioned space. Since speed adjustments are gradual and constant, the room stays comfortable at the thermostat setting. Additionally, by neither heating nor cooling too fast like standard on/off HVAC, the DC‐GPD1442100M41 with ECM keeps air moisture at comfortable relative humidity of 50%.
On the other hand, the blower motor and cooling‐heating components in a standard on/off system run at full speed until the thermostat setting is reached and then turn off. These units then power up again about 12 minutes later once the room temperature deviates 2°F to 4°F past the thermostat setting. The constant on and off switching causes wear and tear on the motor and also creates uncomfortable temperature swings.
- Compressor sound blanket
- Two‐stage gas valve; natural gas with easy conversion to propane with accessory kit
- Blower operation and safety circuits complete with self‐diagnostics
- Heat pump and gas furnace combination for flexible yearlong, efficient indoor comfort
- High‐efficiency scroll compressor
- Durable, corrosion‐resistant t‐140 aluminized steel tubular heat exchanger
- Multi‐speed ECM indoor blower motor
- Horizontal or downflow installation application
- Louvered metal panel condenser coil protection
- Loss‐of‐charge protection
- Direct spark ignition system includes a microprocessor based control for the entire ignition sequence
- Fully insulated heavy‐gauge, zinc‐coated steel cabinet with UV‐resistant powder‐paint finish
- All models fit a standard‐size pick‐up truck
- When properly anchored, meets the 2010 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane‐type winds
- Meets California Low NOx emission standards
- AHRI certified
- ETL listed
Your Goodman’s Direct Comfort DC‐GPD1442100M41 Packaged Dual‐Fuel Unit from Heat & Cool Comes With:
- DC‐GPD1442100M41 | Packaged Dual‐Fuel Unit
- Technical Specification
- Installation Manual
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 10‐year parts limited warranty
- 10‐year compressor limited warranty
- 20‐year heat exchanger limited warranty
Brand Direct Comfort Model Number DC-GPD1442100M41 Heating Capacity 100000 Btu/h Heating Efficiency (HSPF) 8 Heating Efficiency (AFUE) 81% Gas Valve Type 2 Stage Cooling Capacity 41500 Btu/h Efficiency (SEER) 14 Compressor Stages 1 Blower Motor Multi Speed ECM Blower Motor Capacity (Nominal) 1370 cfm Configuration Horizontal Left or Right/Downflow Low NOx Emission Yes Min. Circuit Ampacity 26.7 amp Unit Width 47 In Unit Depth 51 In Unit Height 34.75 In Manufacturer Limited Heat Exchanger Warranty 20 years Manufacturer Compressor Limited Warranty 10 years Manufacturer Parts Limited Warranty 10 years
- Technical Specs
Brand Direct Comfort Model Number DC-GPD1442100M41 Heating Source Type Natural Gas & Electric Heating Capacity 100000 Btu/h Heating Efficiency (HSPF) 8 Heating Efficiency (AFUE) 81% Gas Valve Type 2 Stage Cooling Capacity 41500 Btu/h Efficiency (SEER) 14 Compressor Stages 1 Blower Motor Multi Speed ECM Blower Motor Capacity (Nominal) 1370 cfm Configuration Horizontal Left or Right/Downflow Low NOx Emission Yes Min. Circuit Ampacity 26.7 amp MOP (Maximum Overcurrent Protection-Breaker) 40 Amp Unit Width 47 In Unit Depth 51 In Unit Height 34.75 In Manufacturer Limited Heat Exchanger Warranty 20 years Manufacturer Compressor Limited Warranty 10 years Manufacturer Parts Limited Warranty 10 years Compressor Type Scroll Sound Level 76 dB Installation Type Central Ducted Electrical 208-230 V, 1 Phase, 60 Hz Return Plenum Dimension (Downflow) 22" W x 11" L Supply Plenum Dimension (Downflow) 11" W x 22" L Return Plenum Dimension (Horizontal) 16" W x 18" H Supply Plenum Dimension (Horizontal) 16" W x 18" H Shipping Weight 545 lbs
Write Your Own Review