Goodman Direct Comfort High Efficiency Furnace Heats Your Home For Less
When you choose a Goodman's Direct Comfort high efficiency gas furnace system you’re not the only one who benefits. High efficiency means you’ll lower your operating cost – great for you! And you’ll reduce your environmental footprint – great for the global community. Then, of course, anyone who spends time in your house will enjoy balanced room comfort and better indoor air quality. Invest in Goodman and share the comfort.
This 80% high efficiency 100,000 BTU 2‐stage condensing furnace by Goodman, model DC‐GCVC81005CX, has been carefully engineered to work to its fullest capacity. When it comes to your personal comfort, no detail has been overlooked. The furnace’s variable speed ECM blower gently ramps up or down according to heating demands keeping sound at a minimum and energy costs low. The multiple continuous fan speed options quietly circulate the air keeping the temperature balanced and steady.
Unlike a standard furnace, which vents left‐over heat out of your home in the form of exhaust, the Goodman high‐efficient furnace passes the exhaust through a secondary stainless steel heat exchanger to extract additional heat. That extra heat – up to 30% more – which would have otherwise been wasted is circulated through your home by a near‐silent two‐speed induced draft blower. The end result is 80 cents out of every dollar you spend on heating is used to keep your home warm.
The two‐stage gas valve works in unison with the variable speed motor to save energy and maintain an even indoor temperature by adjusting its airflow according to the heating demands of your home. Also enjoy advanced diagnostics, automatic maintenance alerts and continuous monitoring of the system’s performance. Ideal for installation in a closet, alcove, utility room, basement or attic.
- Compatible with ComfortNet™ communicating, two‐stage or single‐stage thermostats
- Quiet two‐speed induced draft blower
- Heavy‐gauge steel cabinet with durable finish
- Fully insulated heat exchanger and blower section
- Durable silicon nitride igniter
- Certified for direct vent (2‐pipe) or non‐direct vent (1‐pipe)
- Complies with California 40 ng/J Low NOx emissions standard
- Self‐diagnostic control board with constant memory fault code history output to a dual 7‐segment display
- Designed for multi‐position installation — downflow, horizontal left or right
- Easy‐to‐install top venting with optional side venting and left or right connection for gas and electrical service
- Cabinet air leakage (QLeak) ≤ 2%
- Airtight solid bottom or side return with easy‐cut tabs for effortless removal in bottom air‐inlet applications
- AHRI Certified
- ETL Listed
Your Goodman’s Direct Comfort Gas Furnace from Heat & Cool Comes With:
- DC‐GCVC81005CX | Gas Furnace
- Technical Specification
- Installation Manual
- Manufacturer Warranty
Brand Direct Comfort Model Number DC-GCVC81005CX Heating Capacity 100000 Btu/h Gas Furnace Configuration Upflow, Horizontal Left or Right Heating Efficiency (AFUE) 80% Energy Star Yes Available AC Capacity Range 2.0 - 5.0 Blower Motor Variable Speed ECM Gas Valve Type 2 Stage Fuel Type Natural gas Flue Vent Pipe PVC Flue Location Top Cabinet Width 21 in Manufacturer Parts Limited Warranty 10 Years Manufacturer Heat Exchanger Limited Warranty Lifetime Low NOx Emission Yes
- Technical Specs
Brand Direct Comfort Model Number DC-GCVC81005CX Heating Capacity 100000 Btu/h Gas Furnace Configuration Upflow, Horizontal Left or Right Heating Efficiency (AFUE) 80% Energy Star Yes Available AC Capacity Range 2.0 - 5.0 Blower Motor Variable Speed ECM Gas Valve Type 2 Stage Fuel Type Natural gas Flue Vent Pipe PVC Flue Location Top MOP (Maximum Overcurrent Protection-Breaker) 15 Amp Cabinet Width 21 in Shipping Weight 124 lbs Manufacturer Parts Limited Warranty 10 Years Manufacturer Heat Exchanger Limited Warranty Lifetime Low NOx Emission Yes Blower Capacity 2000 cfm Heating Source Type Gas Installation Type Central Ducted Electrical 115 V, 60 Hz
- Product Q&A
Write Your Own Review